A statistical look ahead to Southampton's game against West Bromwich Albion in the Barclays Premier League at the Hawthorns on Saturday.
• The last player to score a league goal for West Brom against Southampton was Shane Long, who completed the scoring in a 3-0 Baggies win in April 2013.
• West Brom have lost just one of nine league and cup matches under Tony Pulis (W5, D3).
• Saints could become the first side to win five successive away games in the Premier League this season.
• Ronald Koeman’s side have won one of their last four matches.
• Saints have kept 12 clean sheets this season, with Chelsea also on the same figure.
• West Brom are next on the list of clean sheets with ten so far this season.
• Saints have conceded just nine goals in 12 away games, four goals fewer than any other side.
• West Brom have won only six league games this season, with three coming against the sides in the relegation places.
• All six wins have come courtesy of a clean sheet, with four of the six being 1-0 successes.
• The Baggies have conceded a league-high ten goals inside the opening 15 minutes this season.
Saints wins: 26
West Brom wins: 22
• The first two meetings between the sides were in the FA Cup. Saints won on both occasions, in 1900 and 1908.
• Saints won the first league meeting between the two, beating the Baggies 3-2 in a Division Two clash in 1928.
• West Brom’s first win came a day later, as they won 2-1 at home in Division Two.
• The Baggies went unbeaten against Saints between February 1939 and August 1967 before a 4-0 win for Southampton in Division One.
• West Brom won their first cup meeting between the two in the 1968 FA Cup, winning 3-2 after a replay.
• The first Premier League meeting between the two sides was in 2002, with West Brom winning 1-0 at home.
• Saints won the reverse fixture that season, again 1-0, to pick up their first win against the Baggies in the Premier League.
• The last three meetings have seen just two goals.
• Saints are unbeaten in their last three games against West Brom.
• West Brom have won just one of their last five home games against Saints.
Aug 2014: Southampton 0-0 West Bromwich Albion (Premier League)
Jan 2014: Southampton 1-0 West Bromwich Albion (Premier League)
Aug 2013: West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Southampton (Premier League)
Apr 2013: Southampton 0-3 West Bromwich Albion (Premier League)
Nov 2012: West Bromwich Albion 2-0 Southampton (Premier League)
Southampton 0-0 West Bromwich Albion
Barclays Premier League
23rd August 2014
Southampton were unable to pick up all three points in Ronald Koeman’s first home game in charge of the club.
West Brom came away with a point as the two sides played out a 0-0 draw back in August.
Saints’ best chance came from James Ward-Prowse’s free-kick, but the midfielder’s effort clipped the post and went wide, before Fraser Forster made a vital save to keep out Brown Ideye.
Saints: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Bertrand, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, S. Davis (Long), Ward-Prowse (Cork), Tadić, Pellè. Unused substitutes: K. Davis, Gardos, Taïder, Hooiveld, Isgrove.