saintsfc.co.uk takes a look at some of the current links between Saints and Arsenal ahead of Wednesday night's Barclays Premier League clash.
• Arsenal trio Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott and Calum Chambers all came through the Saints Academy before moving onto the Gunners.
• Saints midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has played for France alongside Arsenal’s Mathieu Debuchy, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud.
• Fraser Forster and Nathaniel Clyne have been in the England squad with Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Danny Welbeck and Calum Chambers.
• Harrison Reed and Matt Targett have been part of the England Under-20 setup with Chuba Akpom and Isaac Hayden of Arsenal.
• Arsenal trio Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski and Mesut Özil were in the Germany team that knocked Morgan Schneiderlin’s France out of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
• Alexis Sanchez was playing for Chile when Southampton’s Jay Rodriguez made his debut for England at Wembley.
• Aaron Ramsey was part of the Great Britain team at the 2012 Olympics along with Saints duo Ryan Bertrand and Jack Cork.
• Saints defender Maya Yoshida played for Nagoya Grampus Eight at the start of his career – the same club Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger managed before moving to England.
• While with Ajax, Ronald Koeman knocked Arsenal out of the Champions League during the 2001/02 campaign as they reached the quarter-finals.